Wednesday 8 February 2012

Plus London 2!

Howdy. Today I will be telling you about the fun times I had in London at the weekend! (before I got trapped in the snow)


On Saturday I wore my gorgeous maroon dress that I posted about recently, here I am on the train wearing it with my grey scarf and my (amazing) new headphones.

And where was I going I hear you ask?

Plus London 2! A blogger event for plus-sized ladies, all of whom were LOVELY. After using twitter to frantically find out where I should have been and to locate the fantastic Sara,we arrived at the Anna Scholz studios where we got to peruse lots of lovely dresses...



I wanted the blue one so much. That and the purple snake skin dress (that Anna is wearing) got tons of attention. The stuff was great quality and all different styles - retro, sexy workwear, beachwear, wrap dresses - lots to choose from.


Blogger happiness at seeing pretty dresses...



More reasons for blogger happiness...

Then we had a Q&A session with Anna. Although it was less Q&A than us going "we love you and think you're great and oh you agree with us that everything else is crap can you make us EVERYTHING we want please please please?". Anna was very cool. She basically admitted that she chose the best fabrics and spent more money because she wanted to, and she could, and she liked the expensive things best and wanted them for us. She has a size 18 studio model and made the snake skin dress by scanning in actual snake skin. Awesome.


And some last pictures...


After that it was all a blur. An unorganised practice modelling session (I got roped in when a model dropped out. And no, they didn't have to beg me very much!), followed by the actual catwalk show at the evening event. While bits of it were good and I had great fun playing 'who can get down to their underwear fastest' with the other lovely girls, my main opinion of the whole modelling bit is covered in Claire's open letter.

But apart from that the evening was great, so thanks Claire, very much.

I had a proper mini photoshoot done (can't wait to see the pics!), a bra fitting by Elomi - so sweet and professional, and I got a free bra and the BEST FITTING knickers ever, amazing cupcakes by Wendy and just lovely mad chats with people all round. I really want to stay in touch with the fantastic people I met there, so girls if you don't already, follow me on Twitter.

Lastly, I wore my Henry Holland cherry print dress which I've shown so many times I'll just put one little picture up.


What a great day. I'll catch you up on my ever changing outfits tomorrow!

Danni x

9 comments:

daisychain said...

that sounds like an awesome event! x

Unknown said...

It was such a great event, and yes, following on twitterhas occurred! So much to talk about, to mention, that it is all just a blur now!

Thankfully all these posts will remind us what a great event it was, and not so much about OSP and the **bluegh** catwalk.

K x

TraceyB said...

I loved your cherry dress - sorry i didn't get to speak to you properly. xXx

Rebecca said...

Hi, met you briefly on Saturday, am going to add you on Twitter :)

confusedbrit said...

Thank god for the power of twitter! And I vaguely remember you aiming your camera towards the celling, of which I now get because thats a stunning picture!

But it was such an awesome event, and I'm for one very glad I got to meet you!

Lauren - Scrapbook Blog said...

I've just read the letter about how you were all treated! That's atrocious behaviour! I hope you all get a proper apology!!
This cherry dress is amazing, I had a HUGE thing for cherry print things (around the same time I got my first credit card!) amongst my collection were babycham trainers, 4 bags and a bandana! An ex boyfriend even text me not too long ago to say there was a really nice bag with cherries on it in the window of a shop in upper north street!

Anyway, good old henry holland, amazing prints and really well fitting clothes! xx

Clazzerati said...

Sounds like you had a great time - really impressed with quality of the clothes! x

Sophie in the Sticks said...

love your cherry print dress. the event looks so good, pretty dresses galore

Gem said...

aaaw so gutted I couldn't go, booked my train tickets and everything but didn't want to risk being stranded in the snow. Looks like a lovely day xx

Post a Comment