Wednesday 6 April 2011

10 Things I Love...

I was tagged by the lovely Clara at Clazzerati for this 10 Things I love post.

Man, I find these posts really hard. First I couldn't think of anything, and then I realised that actually whittling down all the things you love to just ten is really hard. So I cheated of course!

Only a bit though. Some of the pictures represent more than one thing that's all.

So here goes.

10 Things I Love (in no particular order)


Dresses. As you know I buy and wear a lot of dresses. I love them. They're flattering for my figure, pretty, easy to wear, come in so much variety. Even though I said no particular order I think dresses came first for a reason.


Charity shops. This also represents vintage. And shopping. I love charity shops because it's so much fun to look around them, seeing the crazy things that people don't want any more, and finding a bargain for yourself. There's a lot of vintage in charity shops at the moment and you can try out styles that you can't find on the high street, you can feel like you've got a little piece of history, and let's face it, the gals back in the 40's and 50's had STYLE, which if you emulate can make you feel pretty damn good too.


CSI. Ahh I love CSI. I hardly watch any TV except this. It's as comforting to me as a warm bath and chocolate. My boyfriend always laughs at the crap storylines and ridiculous lines in it, but I don't watch it for the quality. It just comforts me to have it on. But don't try to talk to me about it, because I don't actually know any of the long-term storylines or even most of the character names, despite watching it for about three years. I know that's weird.


This is actually to represent my real friends, although obviously I love the TV series too. My friends are a lovely, gorgeous, crazy bunch and I love them loads. You know who you are!

MMMMM crispies. These are my favourites, but this is representative of food generally. I eat loads. My favourite food is a salt and pepper baguette with tons of butter, some salad cream or coleslaw, pickled onions and then crisps on top. Yum.


This picture is for two things; cider and black, and books. (Taken with my iphone and a cool app called Instagram to make it look old like.) I read all the time. Constantly. I always have a book near me, I hate it when I think 'No I really won't need one today I won't have time to read it' and then have a spare five minutes where I could have read more. I do read a lot of crap though and I'm going to start to read more classics.

Cider and black. Oh how I love thee. The most refreshing drink ever on a summers day. People sneer at my drink a LOT, how I'm ruining the cider, that it's too sweet, that it's a "scummy" drink. I don't care. I do seem to have a predilection for pink drinks though - I drink either cider and black, rosé wine, vodka and cranberry or the amazing Rekorderlig strawberry cider (seriously, try it. It's superb).


Pubs! I love pubs. The more old-man-ish the better. This is a picture of one of my favourites, the Bell in Bath. It's got all the best stuff - hops on the ceiling, live music, a crazy old man, a beer garden, and multiple odd pictures and mirrors on the walls. I just really like the atmosphere in a pub; genial, relaxed, a bit tipsy but very happy. At least that's how I am! Brighton's lovely for all its little pubs dotted around, I haven't for a while now but I love it when I find a new one.


The sun. Of course. While I like all the other seasons, and summer comes with its own problems (sweating, having to shave all the time etc) nothing really beats sitting on the grass in the sun (preferably along with a few things on this list i.e. a pretty dress, a pint of cider and black, some good food and your loved ones).


Last but not least, my lovely boyfriend. We hardly have anything in common; he's nearly 8 years older than me, he loves computer games, comics, fake battling, geeky t-shirts and ninjas. He hates shopping, CSI and salt and vinegar crisps. But he makes me laugh more than anyone else and I love him.

Aw bless/bleugh - take your pick!

Phew. I took pics of those two jumpsuits I mentioned yesterday but I think I'll save them till tomorrow!

Oh and I tag:

Gotta love a Trier
Rules:
1) State who gave you this award in your post
2) State 10 things that you love
3) Give this award to 10 other bloggers, listing them at the end of the post, and notify them with a lovely comment :)

Danni x

8 comments:

Sophie said...

Thanks for the tag, Ill do this soon once I get to take a break from the dreaded dissertation!
I love cider black too, snakebite even more! Cider is the best drink for the summer. I can drink it all day!
I always carry a book around with me too, just in case I have a spare few minutes. Trying to get into classics too but you have to concentrate so much!
Sophie
x

Anonymous said...

McCoys Salt & Vinegar are without doubt the best crisps of all time.

daisychain said...

McCoys crisps, omg! I LOVE those.

MJ said...

Charity shops, yay. Don't know what I'd do without them!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the tag! :) I love McCoys too, my fave is steak flavour!!

Susan said...

Thank you for the tag deary, I do love reading and doing things like this. Your BF sounds a bit like mine with what he likes, and I like um, not much the same as him but it makes it all that more interesting to experience new things, life would be boring if we were all the same* :) xx

*no offence to anyone dating someone who likes all the same things as they do

Jade said...

Aww thanks for the tag! Will do this myself this evening :)!

Jade x

Clazzerati said...

Fab post chica, glad you enjoyed doing it! xx

Post a Comment