Monday, 4 April 2011

Just play along

What a lovely weekend. Filled with so much rosé I'm suprised I'm not sloshing while I walk today.

I thought I'd share with you what is probably my favourite outfit, a playsuit. I've posted a picture of it before, back in November when I bought it. It was about £25 from Beyond Retro, and it's just so comfy, flattering, and cute. As discussed in my original post about it, it's not the best thing to wear when you're a bit tipsy and need to dash off to the loo a lot...it's got about 15 teeny tiny buttons along the front and then you have to bend your arms backwards to get it off your shoulders. But despite that, it's my fall-back outfit; any time I'm not sure what to wear but want to feel good and not 'I wish I hadn't thrown this on in desperation because I was getting ready for hours and am running really late and now I feel rubbish' - this playsuit is what I wear. Do you all have outfits like that? Before this it was a green cutesy dress from ASOS that I could throw on, run out the door and feel good in, that one's still a favourite too (but I am fickle, I know on loads of my posts I call the item of clothing I talk about 'one of my favourites', what can I say, I love 'em all!).

So here she is again:


And of course the red lippy, yay! Does anyone have any advice on "summery" lipsticks? I've only started wearing lippy within the last year so I don't know much about it. Could I pull off a pink colour??

I went vintage rummaging this weekend too, and bought two more playsuits. They are more for daytime, I'll try and get pictures up this week for you.

Danni x

PS - I am putting the word out on Twitter too, just to let you know that when I get up to 40 followers I'll be doing a giveaway, so if you don't already follow me - do it now!!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Coral colours are lovely for summer, they don't have to be too orange either just keep an eye out for peachy shades. I think the suit most people! I love playsuits but HATE the bottons, argh! Not good for a night out lol x

daisychain said...

I love pink lippy for summer, MAC angel is a gorgeous shade x

Penny and Lola said...

Barry M do some nice pinks that would look cool with your dark hair , I just googles beyound retro and I want everything off there now ! xx

Brandon said...

Great post! I'm glad I found this blog.

Check out mine? I'm a photographer.

www.electricbrandon.com

If you want, follow it & I'll do the same. :) thanks.

Basak said...

Danni, I remember you mentioning the blog in the pub but i finally came across it. Very well done, it's lovely and inspirational!
X
Basak

Sophie said...

I love the playsuit, I only own one and agree its a pain to go the loo in! Especially when you have had maybe one too many!
Sophie
x

xXxStundonxXx said...

That looks lovely :) I have a playsuit which I really like but can't wear it when I'm drinking due to the fact that I a) wouldn't be able to do the buttons when drunk and b) wouldn't be able to hold my wee in long enough to pull it down when drunk! xx

corsets, crafts and cupcakes said...

hey :)

wow, looking fab, you suit strong colours,
you would so pull off pinks, - i actually just bought a gorgeous deep pink colour that would look lovely on you, it cost a whopping £1 by MUA and its suprisingly pigmented! its in shade 3 :)
other gorgeous colours by MUA are the red (shade 13) and a lovely nude colour (shade 11)

definately worth checking out :)

Hazel said...

An orange/red lippy is meant to be more summery - or so I read this weekend. I'm going to try on myself soon(ish).
Your playsuit looks really lovely... I haven't been brave enough to try one yet!

Gem said...

Orangey shades are nice for summer and I bouhgt an amzing bright pink from Topshop this week called Brighton Rock x

Post a Comment