Friday 9 September 2011

New start, new shoes

Well I bought something. But I have a good reason. And a story that yet again proves that my life is just a comedy of errors! My friend bought me some lovely shoes for my birthday, but they were a size too small so yesterday I went to take them back. When I'd got them I said how nice they were and that I'd admired them before in the shop.

So off I went to Primark, where I found they didn't have the shoes any more so instead I chose a pair of gorgeous red brogues. Went to the exchange counter and handed both pairs over asking if I could swap them. The woman looked really confused and said "these aren't from our shop". I said that they were but they just didn't have any left. And of course I said it a little bit scornfully, because they didn't even know that they were Primark shoes! Of course you can see where this is going. It turned out that they weren't Primark shoes, I'd just seen a similar pair before and assumed that's where they were from. So out of shame (and the fact that the red brougues and I had formed an emotional attachment by that time) I bought the other pair anyway.

So! Here they are, with an old favourite dress that I got from ASOS about 5 years ago.


They are BEAUTIFUL! I'm starting college on Monday and pretty damn nervous but wearing these beauties will help I'm sure.

I'm doing an access course in Social Science & Public Sector Professions so that I can go on and do a social work degree. I'm excited about learning again and meeting new people but also scared of whether my dying brain can be kick-started back into life! Wish me luck.


Danni x

4 comments:

char said...

oh i love them. maybe i will try brogues after all...

Sophie in the Sticks said...

Love your red brogues! Good luck starting your course on Monday x

Leanne Cornelius said...

haha that story made me chuckle!
I love these brogues. I'm pretty sure that if they have them in my local Primark they will be mine tomorrow!
Good luck Monday xx

daisychain said...

those shoes are amazing! x

Post a Comment