Monday 22 August 2011

Jolly good!

I'm not entirely sure why, but this dress I recently picked up in a Broadstairs charity shop makes me think of those women that used to go on safari in the 30's, 40's? (completely guessing) wearing those helmets and drinking gin and shooting more tigers than the men*.

*This blog does not condone tiger shooting. Don't do it ladies.

So, I wore it out last week for an evening in my current favourite bar, the Mesmerist. They've got old-fashioned cocktails and a swing band playing most nights, and a local swing class come and dance there a lot too. It's loads of fun.


Here's the bag I used, from a charity shop, and my yummy cocktail which involved gin and egg whites...that along with a bottle of rosé wine (using the old, oh yes two glasses please, of course it's not all for me! Yes it is trick) gave me a hangover till the end of the week.

I won a voucher from Missguided a while back, and I decided to get myself some brogues. I got a slighty boot-esque pair as I felt like they'd suit me better. They're so comfy to wear, I think I'm going to have them on a lot in the coming months!

Today's outfit is the Primark skirt that saved me from the failed outfit last week, and an H&M vest top.

Sorry about the odd photo, my outfit pics from this morning were crap, and I was trying to get the whole outfit in.

I stole my boyfriend's watch as well, I love it mostly for the fact that it has a little screen that tells you if it's night or day, as if you couldn't work it out yourself. Bless.

Night...

...day
Danni x

8 comments:

char said...

i love the dress, and the watch - i would be amuxed but the day / night thing too, sometimes you can't tell - what if it's a light evening?

daisychain said...

I am so in love with your watch!

Penny and Lola said...

That bar sounds amazing ! I love the bag dress and watch too ! xx

Sophie in the Sticks said...

I totally know what you mean about the dress and I adore your bag. That watch is just fabulous. My nan phoned me up once to ask if it was 8am or 8pm. True story.

Jan xx said...

Ohhh I love the Brogues !

Thanks for the tip about the bar, I shall have to pay it a visit :0)

Gorgeous dress, the colour really suits you xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

ha, yes a pith helmet would be the perfect accessory ;-). Love your handbag in the absence of the helmet and rifle though.

You've reminded me that I used to have one of those watches when I was a kid...how could I have forgotten it? I thought it was the coolest thing.

Preity Lama Tamang said...

i love that red maxi skirt!! and the dress is gorgeous too!!
xoxo

Arianne said...

I've been searching for brown leather strap watches lately. The world needs more!

Arianne from A + B in the Sea

Post a Comment