Tuesday, 9 November 2010

What are Wellies?

How do you define a welly? Hmm, that's the weirdest thing I've written in a while! I went to Cornwall at the weekend, and after I tried and failed to find some nice black boots I bought some other boots in a sulk. I think I should call them wellies. They're definitely not galoshes (galoshes go over your normal shoes - thanks Wikipedia) so maybe rain boots is the best definition. Anyway they're very cute, £13 from TKMaxx. They don't have any brand name on them, which I quite like, and they have handles! I think more boots should have handles.

I haven't worn them yet, as I'm worried that they won't actually be waterproof, in which case they will simply be called a mistake.

Here they are:



Alex said...

Look like wellies to me!

Style of a Fashionista said...

You are going to need them this week with all this rain we are suppose to have in the UK and I am with Alex they look like wellies xoxo

dannithegirl said...

Yes that will be their test! They're just really thin and not the thick rubbery material of normal wellies. I'll let you know!

Misfits Vintage said...

"in which case they will be called a mistake" - HA! Love it! Sarah xxx

Post a Comment