Tuesday 2 November 2010

Rip-off Retro

I went to the Brighton branch of Beyond Retro yesterday (there's one in London too), and as much as it's a very cool place to browse in, I don't like the fact that it's so expensive. I think it's almost rude to price things so high just because of the fashion for vintage at the moment, when if you buy the same things from a car boot/charity shop they are massively cheaper.

So generally I will stick to the car boots and charity shops, but having said all that, I did come away with a couple of lovely things. One was a very flattering playsuit, I'm guessing 80's but not sure. I'll put a picture up soon as I think I'll be wearing it tonight, I hate having things without giving them an outing straight away!

On my way out of the changing room I saw an amazing wooden bag. I ummed and ahhed because it was £16.99, and I don't spend £16.99 on anything! I knew that if I didn't buy it I'd think about it loads and regret it, but I also didn't want to encourage BR's terrible pricing...

Reader, I bought it. Here's a pic:


Looking at the pictures now it seems so small for all those pennies! But I know I'll love it. It's also going to go out tonight. I'm sure we'll have a lovely time.

Danni x

1 comments:

Alex said...

Oh but it's WONDERFUL! I don't think it was overly expensive - I've certainly never seen anything similar.

Post a Comment