Monday 24 January 2011

Apparently Stylish

Look I won an award! THANK YOU to the lovely Sam at Corsets, Crafts and Cupcakes for choosing me as Stylish, how flattering!


The 'rules' around recieving this award are as follows:

* Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.

* Share 7 things about yourself

* Pass the award on to 7 recently discoverd blogs that you enjoy reading

* Leave your recipient a note telling them about their award.

Here are 7 things about me:

1) I can blow air out of my eyeballs. Seriously.

2)
I have a fear of heights that I pretend isn't very bad, but it really is. Sometimes I fall over if I'm near a high edge. (Not over the edge you understand, but to the floor. I think it's like my subconcious wants me there so it knows I can't fall any further/off the edge.)

3)
I'm addicted to crisps and bread. Full blown addiction.

4)
I'm addicted to buying dresses. Another full blown addiction.

5)
I share a birthday with my Dad.

6)
I haven't worn trousers for two years. I'm currently trying to wean myself from leggings and onto tights. My habit of sitting with my legs open like a man makes this tricky.

7)
I have to have a book within a couple of feet at all times otherwise I get twitchy.


Oooh. That was kind of liberating! Ok, my nominations are:

And now for my weekend charity shopping booty:

This cute china trinket box for £1.99. I think it's fake vintage - has anyone seen Boots doing a range like this recently? But I'm confused because the label on the bottom looks quite old. Anyway, it's cute!


 This card, because it made me laugh. And is randomly glow in the dark.


This book, because Sam recommended it on her blog recently and it was only £1.

A funky orange bracelet for 99p, and a gorgeous Accessorize necklace (the kind that's usually about £12 which means I'll never buy it) for £2, and...

This beautiful brooch for £1.49. Doesn't it look like the rose in Beauty and the Beast? That's part of the reason I bought it, and I showed it to my friend and she thought exactly the same before I'd mentioned it!


Also I thought I'd show you my Saturday night outfit, a gorgeous emerald colour dress (it's brighter in real life) that I got a few weeks ago from a charity shop for about £7. Also if you look on my shoulder you can see my tiny hamster Doris!


I went with some friends to a place on my street called the Bali Brasserie. It calls itself a 'Tropical Bar' which straight away shows how cool it is! It's the most 80's place ever with bamboo walls and a carpeted bar. It's also a restaurant so we had some lovely noodles and then played four (increasingly drunken) games of pool. The boy and I cooked an amazing roast on Sunday and watched the first four episodes of Boardwalk Empire which I highly recommend.

Hope you all had great weekends too!

Danni x

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love charity shop bargains! The brooch is so cute!

Alice said...

The brooch is so lovely, it reminds me very much of the rose in Beauty and the Beast too. I really like the vintage tin, the design looks vintage, but I wouldn't know for sure. Either way it is still a great find and a cute trinket box.

I really want that Elegance book now both you and Sam have mentioned it! I will have to keep a lookout for it in my local charity shop xx

Alex said...

Ooh what fab buys!

I too feel horribly twitchy without a book near me. And bread - who in their right minds isn't addicted to it? Lovely, lovely stuff.

The girl with the pretend crown said...

♥ Well done on your awards honey! YAY!
Ooo that book looks SO interesting!!! Let me know if it's worth a read!! Aw sharing a birthday with your dad!! That's awesome! Haha re: your legs! I love the trinket box! I've just weaned off leggings and onto tights but am wearing some super thick woolly tights to compensate :) I never wear trousers.... only skirts and dresses :) I'm glad I'm not the only dress addict! Not sure I ever want to see your air out of eyes thing haha! ;o) xxxx

ƸӜƷ www.makinglifemorebeautiful.co.uk ƸӜƷ

Post a Comment