Wednesday 27 July 2011

Drunken Dresses

I love going to the pub in vintage dresses. Even in the pretty open-minded Brighton people still usually look at you when you look a bit "different", albeit in a good way, and usually followed by a compliment or "where did you get that?". It's always quite satisfying to say it's vintage and from ebay/vintage shop/charity shop and for them to be impressed.

Last week I went to my local in a lovely blue vintage dress that I've shown here before, one I bought and fitted me perfectly (unusual!), and on the way back we took some drunken photos of me climbing a wall/rail. I'm so glad I didn't fall off!


This is the outfit in its full glory:


Worn with Primark shoes, a mustard half-cardi from Dorothy Perkins and some mahoosive pat butcher earrings that (luckily really) you can't see.

On Saturday the Boy and I went to Shoreditch for a birthday, we ended up on a fantastic rooftop garden drinking cider, yay.


I felt rubbish on Sunday but had to get up to be a tour guide of Brighton to a friend and her friends. They're from Australia and were terrified by the size of English seagulls! Obviously they're everywhere in Brighton, and are pretty scary b*stards!

We went to the pier, for lunch and wandered the Laines, and popped in to a little vintage market where I got this gorgeous dress for £15. Fits perfectly and the store guy even lent me a belt so I could see how it would look. It's a new favourite I think!


Danni x

8 comments:

Jan xx said...

The dress is a beauty ! I'm loving corals and oranges at the moment, so summery and bright.

It looks divine on you :0) xx

daisychain said...

I adore the coral x

Leanne Cornelius said...

Both of these dresses are lovely x

Sophie said...

Take me vintage shopping with you! You buy the best dresses!
Sophie
x

Sophie in the Sticks said...

loving both your dresses, how useful to be lent a belt. I love mustard but so far not got anything that shade.

Alex said...

Oh look at that sunset! Gorgeous.

The new frock is beautiful and makes your waist look teeny tiny. What a bargain too.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Lovely frockage all round - I am so jealous you get to go out in Brighton. I had a 'pet' seagull once when I lived in Bristol, he would come to the kitchen window for food and was pretty bloody terrifying with his yellow eyed glare and razor sharp beak. (I knew he was the same one as he only had one foot).

Elise said...

OOh pretty dresses, the blue one is my fave colour in the world :)

Post a Comment