Thursday 21 July 2011

Summer Saviour

Hi everyone!

Well I won't go on about the MISERABLE weather we've been having, but I did want to show off the thing that's been my saviour in a time when you have no idea what the weather's going to be from one half-hour to the next.

It's my cape. Reduced to £10 in Primark, I bought it because it looked quite cosy and I liked the striped hood, and now I wear it every day.


It's just so handy, warm but not too warm, keeps me pretty dry with its handy hood, looks nice, can be thrown over anything easily...one of my best purchases this year I think!


I would love to get a proper vintage cape, but maybe for the winter as I think they tend to be thicker.



My work outfit for today is an ancient H&M dress, I think it was given to me about 8 years ago, a belt, leggings and my faithful cowboy boots. I'm thankful every day that they're waterproof!!

I got a package yesterday from Char at t*rexes and tiaras because I won her summer reading competition. I got a new book called The Cradle Snatcher by Tess Stimpson, and some other great stuff:

It was wrapped in very cool wrapping paper

Cute bird hook

Very cool red bracelet
So thanks Char!

Just a reminder that my giveaway finishes TODAY at midnight, so click here to enter if you haven't already!

Lastly, I thought I'd show you the front cover of this great omnibus I'm reading at the moment because it looks lovely. They're cheesy murder mysteries and they're really fun! The first one is called 'The affair of the bloodstained tea cosy' so you can tell that it's a bit tongue in cheek!



I really recommend them, they're very easy to read. I thought I'd only ordered the first book of the three, but then this turned up, I was really pleased especially as I'd only paid £2.81 in total!

Good luck everyone who entered the giveaway, I'll hopefully announce the winner tomorrow afternoon.

Danni x

7 comments:

Maria Fallon said...

The cape is lovely, I really want one but I haven't found one that suits me yet! I love that book too, murder mysteries are my favourite!

Maria xxx

Penny and Lola said...

I love your cape , Ive always dreamed of having a black one and pretending its robes haah . I love the name of the book it does look good! x

Alex said...

That book sounds brilliant. I'm easily persuaded by funny titles.

Sophie said...

Ahhhh I need a cape like this in my life, I am having a complete mare with this weather. Seriously struggling with what to wear each day!
Sophie
x

Sophie in the Sticks said...

that cape looks like exactly what I need! I'm thinking maybe a poncho for this weather. Its so up and down. Driving me mad!

Jan xx said...

Am with you on the blasted weather, donned my boots here today too !

I lurve the cape :0)

The bracelet is wonderful ! xx

wholesale clothing said...

cute ancient H&M dress, and that vintage cape is cool.

Post a Comment